The principle aims of WITPG with this development is to deliver a museum that will be:
- A centre for the motoring enthusiast
- An interesting and educational place for the visiting public
- Able to provide a significant tourist attraction for visitors to the Hebrides
- A light industrial workshop, garage & storage space with office
- A meeting room with facilities available to hire out
- A training centre in the community without discrimination, particularly in offering training and support to those wising to acquire skills and experience in the restoration of vehicular transport.
- A desire to ensure that the museum and transport centre will become self-sustaining in as short a time as possible.